What is Skilled Nursing and When Should You Consider It?
If you’ve been researching the many sorts of care available for your senior loved one, you’ve probably come across the term “Skilled Nursing,” and you’re not sure what it means.
At first glance, the term may appear to be ambiguous.
Get Best Skilled Nursing Services in Malden
Does this imply that the nurses in a community are competent in their work? Is it a separate category of senior care? Is it necessary for my loved one?
The answers to the first two questions are yes, but whether skilled nursing is suited for your loved one will be determined by several variables.
What is the definition of skilled nursing?
This isn’t the nursing home where your grandmother used to live. Outside of a hospital, skilled nursing provides the most comprehensive care for your loved one. Your loved one will be able to get long- and short-term care for injury rehabilitation, as well as treatment for acute or chronic health problems.
Your loved one will be cared for 24 hours a day, seven days a week in a skilled nursing community. This is, in addition, to help with day-to-day tasks.
Some institutions are also prepared or have designated spaces, to care for those who have Alzheimer’s or dementia, Parkinson’s disease, respiratory disorders, and other conditions.
Here at Saugus Rehab, we can offer customised therapy to meet the requirements of their residents as part of their skilled nursing services. Physical therapy can help recover function lost due to neuromuscular or skeletal dysfunction, occupational therapy can help with social and physical adaptability, and speech therapy can help with communication and swallowing problems.
The following are some of the other amenities and services available:
● Rooms with a Semi-Private Feel
● Resident Information System at the Point of Care
● End-of-Life Care and Hospice
● Care During a Break
● Rehabilitative Therapy
● Meditation Room or Chapel
● Inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation are both available.
● Social Events and Activities (organized by a full-time activities director)
● Services of a Chaplain (for all of our residents and families)
Make More Memories With Saugus
If you or a loved one requires nursing care and you are looking for Skilled Nursing in Malden, Saugus rehab has the expertise and facilities to provide it, regardless of how simple or complex the needs are.
Care, comfort, compassion, and credibility are at the heart of our ethos, and the welfare and happiness of our residents and employees are our top priorities.
We want to make a difference by consistently providing the highest level of care and joy to those who come into contact with us. The facility itself provides a comprehensive range of care options to its residents, with nursing care being one area in which we provide dedicated support to our residents.
We all that we can to ensure that our highly experienced team is fully committed to enabling our residents to live their lives as they choose around the clock is what we do.
Our approach consists of the following components:
● Collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of doctors, social workers, community nurses, and other healthcare professionals to provide the best possible care for each resident’s specific needs.
● Providing residents with home-cooked meals that meet their nutritional needs while also catering to their personal preferences.
● A variety of engaging activities and clubs, ranging from arts and crafts to relaxing afternoon tea, are available to our residents, providing opportunities for them to meet new people.
● Assuring that each resident in our care is treated with the utmost respect and that their choices and independence are maximised is our top priority.
If you would like more information or to arrange a tour, please get in touch.